Should I be concerned with product safety?
Motherhood can sometimes feel like a daily routine of just trying to keep your kids safe from everything and in a world where so many things seem like they’re against us, it can seem next to impossible. From navigating the world of technology and knowing what gadgets are actually worth the buy to being extra careful about the products you introduce to them, it can feel overwhelming and even confusing.
At the end of it all, we all just want to prioritize our babies’ safety and give them the best of everything. This also involves selecting baby-safe food containers and toys.
What are safety recommendations for infants and children?
Unfortunately, each year we learn of more ways babies are injured or become ill from using things that were seemingly harmless. When shopping for your little ones, there are some standard things to look out for that should help to prevent these incidents from happening.
- Start with natural ingredients - Babies are sensitive little humans who can become easily irritated by the simplest of things. The safest bet is always to go natural. This goes for foods, products, toys, and accessories.
- Seek out certified baby products - Products that are baby certified have gone through specific testing and hold official licenses from relevant authorities. They also usually come under the recommendation of pediatricians and baby experts.
- Go eco-friendly - Good for the environment usually means good for the baby too. While this isn’t always the case (ensure to do your checks and balances), eco-friendly products are typically free from harmful chemicals and made from materials that are safe for all.
- Avoid products with small parts - Small parts are a potential choking hazard. Make sure all your baby’s toys, parts, and containers that they might interact with are larger than their mouth.
5 Tips on choosing safe products for kids
When it comes to food containers and baby toys, soft silicone is a fantastic option. Here’s why:
- Silicone is 100% food-grade and made from non-toxic, hypoallergenic materials. Unlike plastics, silicone is able to withstand extreme temperatures without leaching harmful chemicals into your baby’s foods. So you can freeze or heat leftovers without worry.
- Silicone is odor-free and stain-resistant - Mamas, we know you’ve probably had the experience of picking up a plastic container and seeing stains from the sauce being left behind. Or having to battle that known plastic odor. With silicone products, you won’t have this issue.
- Silicone is BPA-free - BPA is a harmful chemical that is found in many plastics. It gradually seeps into your food and beverages once the container is heated and is known to affect the brain and blood pressure of both children and adults. To avoid this chemical in your baby’s foods, stick to silicone.
- Silicone is soft - Babies are clumsy in a really adorable way, but this also makes them prone to breaking things. The last thing you want is to give them any container with food or toys that could break off into smaller pieces and injure them, or worse; they ingest it. Silicone is a soft, flexible material, which makes it perfectly safe for your baby.
- Silicone is durable - You want your baby’s stuff to last, right? So, durability must be a top priority when seeking out toys and food containers. Silicone won’t break when bent and can withstand a whole lot of baby knocking and throwing.
Why is BraveJusticeKidsCo safe for kids?
BraveJusticeKidsCo. products check all those boxes when it comes to prioritizing baby safety. We have a wide range of soft silicone food containers and soft silicone toys that are just great for your little ones.